-
December 31st, 2001, 03:01 PM
#1
happy1
Guest
My sister has bought me a CHINON 20P XL cam, and shot three K40 cassette. But, now I don't know when can I do the film development.
Can someone tell me where can I do it?
My tutor told me the charges for the printing is already included if I post it back to Kodak Lab with the film bag insided, is that true?

------------------
-
January 1st, 2002, 07:37 PM
#2
Hanthx
Guest
Happy
I have some good news for you.
If you want to process your K40, take it to Wal Mart, yes Wal Mart.
Go to the photo stand and fill out the drop off form, and write down in the special instructions area "movie film cartridge" and drop it off.
Wal Mart sends it out every Friday, and it will be back next Friday, sometimes earlier.
They send it to Dwaynes in Kansas, just like most other places...Super 8 Sound, Yale, etc.
The cost is a whopping $4.88, and the quality is great.
Your other option is to order PK-59 mailers from B&H Photo in New York. It cost $5.59 per mailer plus shipping, then postage...around 80cents to ship to New Jersey. From New Jersey they ship it to Kodak in Switzerland.
So, you have a few choices, but if you have a Wal Mart near you, your golden.
The clerks wont know what your talking about if you tell them your picking up your super 8, just hand them your stub, and tell them it was a 2 week send out.
Look at the drop off stand chart, theres a section for Slide and Movie Film.
Cool eh.
Only reason I like Walmart.
Scott
------------------
[This message has been edited by Hanthx (edited January 01, 2002).]
-
January 2nd, 2002, 09:09 AM
#3
happy1
Guest
Hanthx,
Thanks for ur reply and Happy New Year!!
Well, actually I'm not living in US. area, so, i don't know much about where is where in ur message. But i will check where is the Mart is.
It seems very convience to do filmmaking in your place, right? Even you can do the film processing thought supermakert.
In Hongkong, only the "DIGI" stuff will common. Even in our school, they trend to make thing in digital... We shoot in 16mm, but the final will be Beta...
Anyway, thanks again.
------------------
-
January 2nd, 2002, 02:50 PM
#4
Cheung
Guest
Finally find a comrade from Hong Kong !
Feel free to contact me at [email protected] and let's exchange ideas.
------------------
-
January 2nd, 2002, 02:59 PM
#5
ulrichsd
Guest
Hey! It is cool to have someone here from Hong Kong!
If the store you bought your film from did not include porcessing, then your best bet is to buy pk59 mailer.
See here: http://www02.bhphotovideo.com/defaul...ID=EB5E8655280
They are $5.59, however, you could know when you order them, there is like a minimum of $5 S&H (shipping and handling) charge. So you are better off financially ordering at least a few at a time.
Good luck!
Scott
And you're right, it is convenient to be able to process film at a supermarket, but usually you get some pretty strange looks when you pick it up and comments like, "I remember when my grandpa used to use that stuff!"
[This message has been edited by ulrichsd (edited January 02, 2002).]
-
January 3rd, 2002, 08:35 AM
#6
Matt Pacini
Guest
I would like to remind you guys who keep saying "Go to Wal Mart" that not all of them process Super 8 film.
I'm in California, (Sacramento) and none of the Walmarts here do it.
I'm sure it's the same situation in other parts of the country too, given that California is not exactly behind the times as far as motion picture interest goes.
B&H however, is accessible to everyone, no matter where they are.
Matt Pacini
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks